Of the Bookshelf| Beauty Mark


Callie Clark has a dream, one that's been on her mind for long time but one she'd never gone after, but as realisation start striking her and age begins haunting her, she decides to bite the bullet and go after it. What she didn't anticipated was that maybe that dream was about to shatter her and take away a part of her life. She has to make decisions and know who to lead her heart towards to.
What I liked:
  • The plot, as soon as I began I knew this was going to be one of those books I could relate to and would have a nice easy to follow story line. 
  • The secondary characters, odd choice, I know, but they made the story and formed a huge part of it, they had personalities, dialogues and really guided you as a reader. 
  • The second half, second odd choice, but even the ending was nice to read, you can really see the evolution of the main character and how it matures into someone else. 
What I didn't like:
  • Callie, as much as I related to her, I knew there was way too much in there and sometimes she would be the one complicating everything around her. Even when it hid a really powerful message in there, I felt like Callie was a bit too much at times, mostly at the beginning and near the ending. 
  • The first half, because if this book took me months to read was because I couldn't engage with the first part of the story, no matter how much I tried, there was too much in there and for some reason it didn't caught my attention. 
  • Davis, not even in the ending, something about the character was odd and I couldn't like him. 
I wanted to like it more, I really tried, I mean the storyline is really nice and relatable (at least to me) but I couldn't, there was something odd about the story and the way it was written but even with that it was a nice book, just that. For me it's a 3 out of 5. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram