VI


"Now, one dance is more than enough for me and everyone else here, don't you think?"
"No, if we stop you are going to make me talk and to be honest, I don't want to"
"Save this girl from the pain"
"Should I? You seem to get along quite well..."
"That's why she's been harassing me?" A laugh escaped my lips "You should have told me before"
"They think you are fresh meat, right?" His eyes wondered around the party "Maybe I should tell you about them, it's quite interesting..."
"You've used your sorcery with them?"
"How many times do I have to tell you? I don't do anything special, I'm just myself"
"That's pure ego, you can't be that charming"
"Are you sure?" He said taking a step closer "They see something in me"
My laugh grew as the song finished, it was obvious for me that he was avoiding telling me the story about those two, but now I was so invested that there was no way I was going to let all of this slip while they trash-talked other girls.
"I need to know, they can't be like that just because they want to, they need a motive"
"And they may have a motive, but before I tell you, you have to promise me one thing..."
"Yes, to whatever it is" There was a hint of desperation in my voice "I know you well enough to see that you are hiding something"
"I'm avoiding your questions, yes"
"Why?"
"Because the more you know about Faith and Sophie, the less you are going to like me..."
"That's imposible! You can be worse than the guys I know..." I bet he remembered some of the stories.
"Mentally unstable? That's your thing, not mine"
"Now, can you please tell me about all of this and why everyone seems to be treating me like I'm the newbie?"
"The newbie?"
"Your friend right there..." I wish I could remember names more easily...
"Ben...?"
"Your friend Ben right there was giving me advice on how to survive with all this vultures around you"
"Ben? Really? He's quite guarded with new people, he must really like you..."
"I'm adorable"
"We'll se about that"
"Don't change the subject, I want and need to know about everything that's happening here"

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram