V


If I had to guess I would say that Faith was set on making him look bad for everyone, maybe this was her way of defending her cause or maybe this was her way of freeing up the path for her.
"Faith, that's where you got it all wrong. Jake isn't half bad as others that I've dated, the difference here is that I don't care. We are friends, close ones. Now that you know, can you stop?"
"If you are friends then why is he looking at you like that?"
"Like what? Like we have an inner joke? Like we know each other? Stop looking for things that aren't there, okay?"
With that I got up, the only thing that could calm me down was a cigarette and something strong like tequila. When I accepted the invitation I never expected having to deal with this kind of people. I knew he had ex girlfriends as friends but this was out of my patience's reach, this party became a witch hunt.
How come no one else around here seemed to be as bothered as me? It seemed like this was a newbie initiation, seeing how far they could go, how much they could push a person until it broke down.
"Something bothering you?" I wish I remember his name, he was the first one here "Or maybe someone?"
"You already know who, why do you even ask?"
"Feisty, but I like you so I'm going to give you an advice..."
"I didn't ask for anything" I turned to leave, if only they could leave me alone for 5 minutes, I would be able to think.
"Unsolicited advice then" He grabbed me by the arm "Faith, she's different from all of us, don't take anything that she says. I've talked with Jake about her but he's still defending her, even when her main goal in life is being with him. She still thinks they can be couple, when Jake has moved on from her. Don't let anything she says push you away, you two seem good friends."
"Exactly that, friends. She's looking for something else."
"She's going to continue with that, you can either let her win or spend a good time with him." A grin appeared in his face "You care a lot for him, right? Go talk to him, make him explain you why Sophie and Faith are like that, he can help you understand everything"
"You care a lot about him too"
"After all this years..."
Looking up to the stars I realised he, whoever he was,was right, no one could comment on this but Jake. I just wish he could've warned me about this, maybe save me from this pounding headache.
"You know what can help you relax? A beer and a dance"
"That's what you say to everyone"
"I do but I like you and you seem to be quite normal compared to the other vultures around here"
"More like bitches"
"Now I get it" H was laughing "You have a sense of humour, maybe that's why you get along so well"
"Maybe, he's a good friend"
"He is, he has a sensible heart and he's lost a lot because of it"
"I could see some of that..."
"Done talking?" His voice was deep and shaky, Jake was right behind me "Do you want to dance?"
"Are you drunk?"
"No, but you'll have to drink with me if you want to see me like that"
"Come here" I said coming close to his ear "I'll dance if you tell me the story between Faith and Sophie"
A deep laugh escaped his lips while he turned to look at his friend.
"You told her?" He seemed to consider my request "We should keep you out of this mess but I don't think you'll leave me alone if I don't tell you but we need to dance first"

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram