II


I knew this was a bad idea.There were more people than I even anticipated, I should've known better than this. This feels like one of those times in which life wants to prove me that it's not this easy, that I maybe I should pay more attention next time I accept to go out again, it feels like not even the cigarettes are going to save me tonight.
Drag after drag I feel my anxiety fade, "It can't be like this forever" I tell myself even when I know I'm lying. I should know what my body is capable of by now, I can either find something to distract myself with or I bust with the last blow of my cigarette, that's when I see her.
I don't remember her name but she's all over him. A part of me wishes I could've noticed her before, she was here when I arrived and now that I've seen her with him it's obvious that she's waiting for something other than just a hug. She's trying to make an statement and if I'm correct, none of this is going to end well.
Grabbing my phone I take note, I know someone that will be impressed by this story besides me, Isa, she's been thinking about this party even more than me. I wish she was able to come but work is work and there's no way of escaping any of that.
"Update 378: I've met what I would assume would be her ex or someone new, I wish I could remember her name but for now we'll call her "N", she seems to be the most normal out of all of them. I still don't know what to do with myself or if I should leave, I have a backup. You can laugh at me tomorrow."
"Why so lonely?" I looked up to see him, the party boy in front of me.
"Jake, I'm... taking a break, it's been a while" For some reason he was able to make me nervous without even trying.
"Come on, it's not that bad, is it?" He said while looking around "You've been talking to a few of them haven't you?"
"I've met Sophie and Faith? I'm really bad with names"
"Yes, how's Sophie?"
"Great, she's... interesting" Quite a character but I wasn't allowed to say that much "Why? Someone important?An ex maybe?"
"Maybe but I feel like you already know and you are not telling me" He had a grin on his face, like he knew I was up to something.
"Because maybe I shouldn't tell you, all I know is that there's three women trying to get into your bed tonight"
His laughter filled the space, a part of me expected this reaction, he knew how observant I usually was but another part of me expected him to be more discrete or even annoyed at my statement, instead we both were here laughing at how obnoxious the situation was.
"Remember when I told you about one of my crazy girlfriends? Who do you think she is?"
"The girl you were hugging?" I wish I had better memory "What's her name?"
"Dawn? No, she's another story but now that you mention her you should know her too"
"Sophie? It's her isn't it?"
"Your face, you should see it. What do you know?"
"Everything makes perfect sense now, everything that she has been talking about, you are the bastard that broke her heart"

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram