To You:


I was thinking about the memories we shared together and there are many, more than 7 years worth of memories but none of them stuck out to me as my favourite. We had our usual coffees and chat after middle school was over, but was there something that we did that became my favourite?
Yes, there was something and I don't think you would've ever remembered because it was so long ago, I barely didn't remember it either, but this one was the representation of what we would usually do when we got together.
It was in one of those rainy afternoons, the ones we would usually avoid but this time we decided that instead of trying to find somewhere to go, we would buy some food, some beverages, catch a cab, go back to your place and spend the afternoon there.
You introduced me to sparkling water and grape juice, baguettes, cream cheese and some meat. Nothing fancy for the 15 year old but fancy enough for us to enjoy together.
We talked, we shared so much that afternoon and everything that was left was one of my oldest Instagram photos titled "French vagabond food". We were too young to enjoy wine or more sophisticated food, but for one afternoon we thought we would.
We did a lot together, we shared broken hearts, we shared tears and we managed to get through bad times always by our side. We did have a fall out over the years, to this day I still think it was my fault, but I'm glad I managed to see you one last time.
You terrified me, maybe that's why we were friends to begin with, you had something no one else had, you spoke your mind and that made us mad most of the time but it was something that made you stand out from the bunch, without that it wouldn't have been you.
"Somethings never change" and I told you that because even when I saw something different in you the last time we spoke, you still had that bossy essence within you, you had the same mannerisms. Everything and nothing screamed you.
You were the first one and only one for a while, you made me come out of my shell and told me I was able to shine. We fought quite a bit but nothing stopped us from being close with one and other, you had my back and I had yours.
I think, with you, I'll always have something to look back to, a memory, a picture, something that will drawn me back to you, who you were and who you wanted to become, because your mum is right, you were one of the strongest women I met and you'll set an example.
I'll forever miss you.
 Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram