Off Centre

Lately I've been having a really hard time trying to write, I haven't had this type of crisis in about two years and it's not even that I lost my inspiration, the ideas are there, but everytime I sit down and try to write nothing comes out and if something leaves my brain, I feel like it's not good enough for me to post.
I just feel like my life is an organised mess lately. Everything is where it's supposed to be, yet I can't concentrate or pay attention to anything for more than 5 min without feeling like it's going nowhere and I should quit doing it.
I've been postponing doing a lot of things like work and school work, mostly because I can't concentrate long enough for my ideas to bloom and make sense and if for some reason I spent more time doing that task and nothing comes out, I get frustrated and erase everything.
Last week I had a really hard time trying to write a five page essay, which is usually pretty easy to do, I couldn't find a subject good enough for it, when I did it, I couldn't find sources for my investigation, once I was able to find them, I couldn't link my ideas. It's worth saying it was all a big fat mess that took 5 days to write.
Weirdly enough my social life has been pretty good in the past two months, I've been seeing a lot more of my friends and spending quality time with them. I will always miss seeing them every day, but I can cope with seeing them once every two months.
Also, another part of my life that has been weirdly working out has been my passion for photography. I've been paying more attention to everything that around me and being braver when it comes to editing. That's the one part of my job I feel proud about and I feel happy to share.
What I'm trying to say it's that I feel off centre, I want my balance, my life, my routines back. Don't ask how I'm going to do that, because I really have no idea, I just know I will find my way and I will do it. There's a lot of work and opportunities right now.
Mayte

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram