Back to Basics

Last week I was checking my agenda and "The Brain" (my trusty notebook that has ideas, calendars, projects and a little bit of everything in there) when I came across multiple pages that were incomplete and not in "Oh I missed a few days", but in "Oh I stopped doing halfway through the first week and didn't bothered to look back".
A little voice started to tell me how unorganized I was becoming and a part of me also agreed with that voice because to be completely honest, I indeed have been slacking in the past two months or so, but as my life continued to go the same way and nothing major happened for me to notice, I just worked around the edges.
A part of me knows that all of this has been as a result of a few tweaks I've been making in certain aspects of my life, like my social life which has been increasing a lot lately or the time with my family which has also been increased as the year goes by.
I kind of neglected my work, school and instead of giving that little bit more, I've been doing just enough for me to have certain grades, for the blog to continue operating the way I like it, or I've been cheating my way around work, avoiding certain commitments I know take a lot more out of me than others and it all has been reflecting.
It may not seem like that from the outside mostly because everything looks as neat and as put together as before, it's my insides the ones that are messed up and those take a lot longer to put together.
This has affected different parts of my life, the ones I should care a little bit more. I haven't been prioritizing enough, I haven't been dedicating enough time to certain tasks as I should, I haven't been 100% myself in everything because I found myself feeling either bored or lazy to not do those things.
Now, it's time to practice some self-discipline, prioritize and really give all I've got in every project. I know it's going to take a lot of time and for the rest of the summer I will have to balance a lot more, but that's life, isn't? It's about taking opportunities, giving your best and not caring about what the world may say.
I'm going back to basics.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram