Ways to have a good night sleep...


The past few weeks I've been struggling to really have a good night sleep, I wake up in the middle of the night, I feel tired and with a strange mood. I think my problem started when the clocks went forward, I started reading and researching and I found some amazing tips that have been helping me, so I though I would share them with you:
  • Set a bed time- wake up time: Being consistent reinforces your body's sleep-wake cycle and helps promote better sleep at night.
  • Use your bed to sleep: One big mistake is taking work to bed, think of it as your relaxation spot.
  • Create a bed ritual: Things that will relax you, that you can do before bed, reading, listening to some music, things that are going to turn your brain off, try to avoid using electronics.
  • Get comfy: Use what you feel comfortable using to bed, everything has to be right, try to be in a cool, dark and quiet room.
  • Avoid day-time naps: This can be one of my biggest mistakes, avoid long naps during the day, if you are feeling tired, take a power nap ( just 30 min) 
  • Avoid caffeine, alcohol or too much food: Also try to avoid drinking too many liquids before bed and please don't smoke before bed, nicotine is an stimulant.
I also like taking a shower when I'm feeling extra stressed, to help me relax more.
If you wake up in the middle of the night, stay out of your head, don't think about anything and don't brainstorm, take deep breaths, take a cup of tea or milk, avoid light and electronics.
Try to sleep from 6 to 8 hours a day and to really relax, this the one time you really have to forget about you outside problems and let your brain take a rest. I know that for some people is harder, but try it, if you're struggling a lot, visit a doctor. 
Hope you have an amazing night tonight. Sweet Dreams
thanks for reading!

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram