Thinking of you...

Do you remember how we met? I bet the first impression you got from me wasn't the best, I was crying outside your classroom waiting for a friend, you picked me up and hugged me, everything was going terribly wrong that day but you made me feel comfortable and good about myself. It was such a weird beginning. The beginning of something without name…
We were good friends, everybody was talking about our friendship, you were a well-known casanova and I was "the cute girl", everyone though that you had a thing for me, I felt weird about that, you were the first man in my life after almost 6 months, you were different to everything I have ever experienced, I loved that.
It was a matter of time before people started talking about the bad things, rumours started to circulate and you went away, we stopped talking, my pride was bigger than me, we stopped being us.
I remember the huge letter you wrote me on a Sunday morning, I remember thinking about it all day, "I forgive you" I said, I remember how we were on line about to take an exam, I remember how I felt when you looked me, you have beautiful brown eyes, we talked… it wasn't meant to last for long.
Rumours again, why are they doing that? I was the bitch of the story this time, it hurt but I forgot about my pride and went out to talk, we were shattered, there was no coming back, they got what they wanted, we stopped being us and we started being strangers that used to smile to each other every time they were close.
To this day I still miss those long nights of messages, I miss my friend, I miss that cool guy that used to smile at me when he was playing football, I miss those brown eyes, I miss the way you made everything turn out okay, I miss you..
Everything about us is shattered and we can't fix it, I should stop and not try to fix things but how do I convince myself of that when I know I still miss you?

I guess I just need to wait…

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram