June| The Resolutions

We are half way through the year and it's starting to weight on us, I can feel that anxiety start to build up inside me and it's because I know I have been sailing through, I haven't gone out of my comfort zone and I'm starting to feel icky about my life and the way I've been living it. It's time to change a few things and maybe something great will come out of it.

  • Read at least 4 new books. I've read maybe three books in the past three months and I miss spending my time with a good book and a cup of coffee on my hand. It helped me free my mind and it was a good habit to keep up with. 
  • Write more. It's something I will always strike for, writing helps me take ideas out of my head and it was something that saved me a long time ago, it's my time to take it back and find my release again. 
  • Design something new. Most people know that my dad forced me to go to many design courses growing up and I always loved it but let it get away from me growing up. It takes me more than it should but I really enjoy creating something new. 
  • Work out more. This is about mental health, it helps release stress, makes me feel more in control of my body and as long as I learn not to over work myself, it also helps ED recovery and BD. It's been a month of light training and I'm starting to feel better.
  • Spend more time with my friends, I haven't seen many of them in months, not even "Chef" and I really miss those long afternoons talking about everything that's been going on in our lives.
  • Eat green and more colourful. I'm still struggling with food, a lot, but know I'm challenging myself a lot more too, I feel the need to not let anyone down. It's been getting easier and more natural, maybe if I keep going for that extra bite, I'll stop feeling as guilty. 
  • Be more organised, I let that slip way too often and I can go from having the neatest room in the house to having a week old sandwich under my bed in the blink of an eye. The more I do it, the less time it's going to take. 
I'm working a lot on myself, I feel like I'm not doing much most of the time and that has kept me from doing a lot of things I know I love, but know that I have this burst of energy and feel like I can get better if I try hard enough, I want to do it, not only for myself, I don't want to fail anyone anymore. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram