Update


Didn't you miss this little life updates? I didn't, but right now we are due one, so much has happened in the past week that I don't even know where to start or how to explain everything that went on in the past 12 days but we shall try and we shall get through this.
Everything started two Wednesdays ago, my grandma broke her arm. She was getting ready and she lost her balance. I was in the hospital with her all day and it was one of the most stressful days I've had in a long, long time. I was panicking all day but managed to keep my mind clear enough to not freak her out too.
She was recovering, doing better when we started to realise a few changes on her attitude, on her sleeping patterns, she was more anxious than ever and if you've ever spent time with someone that suffers demencia you may know how much it affects them to not sleep and how vivid hallucinations can be.
The new medication doctor's gave her were inhibiting the effect of her anxiety medications and she was suffering from severe side effects, some weren't even mentioned to us. As soon as we were able to pin point what was wrong, we stopped the medication and focused on hydrating her.
Why I'm mentioning this is to bring more awareness to people that have family members with chronic diseases to pay more attention to the medication you are giving them and ask if your are feeling like one medication may not be good for them. Say something, ask different opinions and don't be afraid to seem like an annoying patient, you are looking out for them.
As for myself, well, I've been doing better, I'm more calm than before but unfortunately it isn't all fun and games. I was in a car accident last week, I was with my mum, coming back from a meeting when a truck hit the taxi we were into. It wasn't anything serious for us, but the taxi's trunk was quite damaged.
We went to the ER, they told me I suffered from a little bit of whiplash and couldn't do any exercise or carry more than 10 kilos for about ten days, but I was good to go without a neck collar which helped me feel better as there was nothing severely wrong with my spine or neck.
I've been in pain ever since, not strong pain but the kind of pain you know it's there and won't go away, but I'm grateful not only for the taxi driver that was overly nice to us, trying to call an ambulance but grateful for the fact that my mum and I made it through just with minor injures, it was a scary experience.
Now you know, my life hasn't been the easiest the past weeks but I've managed to pull through feeling like I can do this, mostly because I know I can. All of this that's been going on it's temporary, every injury is going to heal, every one of us is going to feel better and that's why I'm keeping my mind positive and clear.
It's tough, but as tough as it can be I know I can pull through, my family can pull through and once it all gets better we will be looking back, feeling proud of ourselves and everything we did right. It's a hard way to grow and mature, but sometimes that's the only way to realise where you are wrong and where you can improve.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram