Improve

A storm has turned my life upside down and although I know everything is going to get better eventually, I also know that right now there's a lot of room for improvement. There are many things I avoid doing out of laziness or tiredness that end up pilling up and becoming a real burden at the end of the day.
For example, every morning I wake up and avoid making my bed right away, I spend the next 30 minutes checking my phone or just laying there, seeing if my energy comes back, when in those 30 minutes I can get so much done, like stretching and making my bed. Two things that are going to wake me up and make me feel like I'm actually accomplishing something.
I've left mess pille up for days just to make cleaning more "exciting" or more entertaining. When in reality, cleaning after me takes me a maximum of 30 minutes a day, including washing my dishes and making my bed, the "bigger" tasks I have during a normal day.
Like this are a million and one examples of little things I don't do right away and wait until it pilles up and it becomes such a big problem that it takes me up to a week to actually fix it the way I would want it to be every single day. It becomes a vicious circle, one I have to deal with every week and takes up a lot of time I can spend doing other things like writing or reading.
During the past week I've been paying more attention to the activities that take up most of my time during the day and like I said, 30 minutes of daily cleaning is nothing compared to having to dedicate a whole day to fixing up my bedroom and sorting through a pile of clean-dirty clothes or having to sleep late because I have one paper I haven't even done.
Being the control freak that I am I should know better. I know better, but the thing is that I'm not actually applying some of my advice and that's not only hurting my daily activities and how quickly I accomplish my goals but also my motivation levels and even my mood. I've found that the messier the room, the less likely I am to relax at night.
Right now I'm making little changes to make it better, I feel like for the past year I've been making the wrong choices, trying to change everything up at once instead of going little by little and getting used to being more organised and clean again. It definitely takes a lot of time and self motivation but it's worthy, those are the little things that are going to make you more disciplined and will improve your mood and help your mental health tremendously. Do it for a little while, you'll understand why it's so important.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram