The New Plan


With the beginning of the year I've been doing a lot of thinking about my flaws, my lack of commitment and even my lack of goals lately. It seems like during 2017 something inside me switched off and ever since then I haven't been able to dream as big, do as much as I wanted. Suddenly I was losing that little part of myself that help me go through bad moments back in 2016.
There are many opportunities I want to accept and go on with but I'm always afraid that something isn't going to go right and I'll be left with no illusions and heart broken.
This year I want a new life plan, a plan that can give me peace and make me happy, there are a million and one ways to find something new, something that excites me, but there are also a million and one things that can go wrong and those are the ones that have always kept me from being more adventurous, spontaneous, even a little bit stupid.
That's why I'm taking a leap this year, I want to go out of my comfort zone a make a commitment to myself, to my family and do and be better. It sounds really easy, something that can be done in a matter of days but it's going to take time and  a lot of energy.
I always talk about how much I miss 2015 Mayte, she was a trooper and someone I will always look up to. The main reason of why I always say that is because I was dedicating so much time to me, my body, my health and nothing else would matter. I was in control of everything.
I can't go back in time, I don't want to go back in time, as much as I loved that part of my life I have to give my present self some recognition, I'm stronger than I have ever been, I grew so much in the past three years that I know I can recover from everything that comes my way, even if it takes a little bit more time.
But now, I'm taking on a new challenge, I want to bring back a little bit of that girl I knew and grow more like the person I am now, because I know it's possible, I know how much I can do when I give myself time to think, grow and be who I want to be, the person not only everyone is going to be proud of, but the person I will be proud of.
There are many things in store for me in the near future and I'm excited. Right now I feel like I can take the world and do so much. I just have to remember my own words and remember to keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram