February: The Resolutions


The second and most romantic year of the month is upon us and I have a good plan for this next weeks. I've been toying with this idea for a little bit and I actually feel like I got it down. I want to talk about self love, it's one of the most important parts of recovery and I haven't been paying attention to it.
Talking with one of my friends I realised that even the people you think are the most confident can have their ups and their downs. We all have this insecure version of ourselves, the version we don't talk about often, but this month I want to talk about it, about all the things you tell yourself when you are at your lowest because that's when we are the hardest on ourselves.
That's going to be my little project for the month, I want to spend more time focusing on my recovery, on becoming stronger, on being less afraid of food and start loving my body, myself and the way I am. As for resolutions, there's not much, I'm focusing on gaining my confidence back and taking care of my body, feeling like I'm healthy inside out.

  • Eat more greens, because green means life.
  • Stretch and move to energise myself, to recover from the accident. 
  • Take more photos because of the joy it brings me and because I want to share more and more. 
  • Read more, it calms my mind and feeds my soul in way no other activity does. 
  • Write more as a way of emotional release, a way of not keeping everything to myself. 
  • Plan and organise, I have a feeling that the better I am at this, the better I'm going to feel about myself. 
  • Relax, because if I manage to get everything done my body is going to need to rest and my mind is going to thank me for the reset. 
There's not much to this month, one because it's the shortest month of the year and second because I want to make myself the main focus and then do the rest. That's the only way I will remain sane and will actually feel better about doing something for myself. Spend this month doing what you love and as always remember to keep on dreaming. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram