WR| Back in Business

I don't want to say welcome back, but welcome back, it's been two long weeks where I haven't written anything for this blog, I've actually been doing homework and exams and all of that fun stuff college students go every month and a half.
I feel like I have to update you in a lot of things that have been happening in my life this month, I have a feeling that this is going to be a long one, so grab a cup of tea and let's catch up.
The last time I talked with you, I told you that I was not feeling a 100% like myself, I was feeling anxious, stressed a little bit sad and tired, I also told you that I had some health problems going on, but I didn't go indeep on any of them.
This break was essential for me, I was starting to break down, every night I was going to bed with a head full of things that needed to get done but not many ideas, which was rare but also frustrating, I haven't gone through any of that since last year around this same time.
Talking with "The Editor" and "Chef" I realised that I was not taking care of myself and that I was slacking, I was not doing anything but complaining about everything, so in a way they were the ones pushing me to take a week or two off everything, not only writing.
I'm actually glad I took those days off when I did because some things were getting planned while I complained, I went on two trips on one week, which is definitely something I have never done and that I was more than happy when I lived them.
One of them was actually a holiday, something that sounds so weird, take in mind that my family and I haven't been on holiday in two years, yes, we travel a lot, but on holiday, just the three of us, with no plans, no worries, no cellphones, that's pretty random.
I did a lot of thinking through those, mostly about the person I want to be and the person I want to become.
I realised that even when I say attention to my friends, I need to make that extra effort, "The Entrepreneur" was just telling me about his breakup from two years ago, "Sous Chef" was telling me about this new girl, I didn't even knew he didn't had a girlfriend any more.
I also realised that I have to think about my family a little bit more, they are there for me, we've bounded a lot more through this past years and some of them are not going to be here forever, so I have to take advantage of how close they are now and not regret it later.
And I dropped a bomb, talking about family, I told everyone the truth, I love my mayor but I don't know if I'll work on that for the rest of my life, I'll try it, but I want to explore and now I accept that it's actually okay to think like that.
One of the last things I did was reorganise, we all know how much I love doing it, I did a huge clear out of my closet and desk and notebooks and everything, I narrowed down my personal and work notebooks to two and I've been getting along pretty well with them.
As for health, I suffer from low iron levels, not anemia, and I was under treatment a few years ago but left it, because I'm really stubborn and I was "fine", anyway, I went to the doctor and got those sweet vitamins and balanced diet back in my life, lovely, I also went back to the dentist for a check up and now I feel like I really accomplished a lot.
There are some changes here and there on the blog, nothing major, just some additions and things that needed to be fixed for a long time now, I'll be talking about them when I work on those projects, but as for now, nothing new.
I hope you had an amazing week and keep on dreaming.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram