May: The Review


And here we are again, looking back at what may be the weirdest month of this year so far.
May was a roller coaster of emotions and experiences, I think that overall I went through every emotion this month, but I can't complain, I went through amazing things this month that I wouldn't change for anything.
The month started quite anxious, I was struggling a lot in my classes, with my classmates, I was not happy to go to class, I was dreading having to go, sit down for two hours and pretend like I was fine, not everything was bad of course, but that one thing was making everything else feel bad, so I dropped out of that class that was making me feel bad.
But even when I was happy for dropping out, my health didn't quite helped me there, I had to stay many days in bed and all I wanted to do was sleep all day, which is weird, because as much as I love sleeping, I never do it for quite as long.
Through those days I actually went to visit one of my grandma's brothers, he lives in a little town with his wife and every time I go there, I get so amazed by all of the beautiful sceneries that you can enjoy, the silence, everything is beautiful.
Halfway through the month I started doing my usual work, the every month charge, nothing major, but my mood was certainly dropping, I don't know if it was because of the school pressure, the work load or even my health, the ones that were making me feel like that. but I was not feeling like myself, that's when I took the break.
During that break I went to two beautiful places, Morelia to visit family and Acapulco on holiday, both of which were amazing and so worth the sleepless nights, I know we travel a lot as a family, but never to two different cities in a matter of days, it actually made me think more about how I said I wanted to travel but I never got it done, now I really want to do it.
When we came back I was more than ready to move on and keep going, mostly I wanted to move from that hole I was living in for almost two weeks, so I started working on myself for myself, instead of asking questions.
The improvements came slow, but I'm really happy, I've been working all week and even though half of my closet, my desk, my bookshelf, my agenda seem to be a mess, I'm more than happy with the direction everything is taking, it's all a big work in process for the next few days but at least it will keep me busy and focused.
That's were I am right now, I'm moving slowly but surely to a place where I really want to be in, making things I promised to do a long time ago but never really got done, healing realtionships, hearing what every one has to say, re-organising my life, going out and doing what I love.
I even watched new movies, I watched Insurgent and hated it, "The Perfect Game" which was amazing and kept my dad and myself busy for two hours, such an accomplishment.
I read a lot, I read if I'm not mistaken, 6 books and I'm just warming up, I bought new books and they all want to be read.
I listen to new music but came back to old favourites like "The Beatles", old "Nelly Furtado", "Gwen Stefani", "Demi Lovato", "Jason Mraz", "Coldplay", a lot of them came back into my playlist and I've been enjoying jamming them out every time I have the opportunity, even when I get weird looks when I lipsync.
As for now, I feel better, I'm working and catching up, pilling important e-mails and waiting for responses, studying and talking with friends, is it fair to say that I'm back?
Hope you had an amazing month, remember that we are diamonds taking shape and everything happens for a reason, don't forget to smile and keep on dreaming.
Mayte. 

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram