Memories & Music


The other day I was organising my playlist, because for some random reason, I found myself skipping through most of my songs, so I decided it needed a little refresh, while going through this process I came across a lot of songs that I haven't listened in a long time, so I decided to share them.
"Angel in Blue Jeans" by Train, ever since I listened it became a favourite, but with time it just went down the list, but it reminds me of an ex-boyfriend and the way he reached out to me.
"Ass Back Home" by Gym Class Heroes, I remember listening to this one with "The Entrepreneur" when it first came out, we used to sit on the football field or on the steps of some building and listen to music like this.
"Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie, remember about that first guy that broke my heart? this song got me through that and I love the lyrics even know.
"Chasing the Sun" by The Wanted, I used to listen to this before leaving my home to go to a party in high school, everytime I listen to it I remember those times and laugh.
"Don't Speak" by No Doubt, this reminds me of "The Sous Chef" and that time we fell apart because of his girlfriend and the unreasonable hate she had towards me, I remember hearing it in the radio and thinking of how much I missed his friendship.
"Everybody's Fool" by Evanescence, I used to love this band in middle school and my first year of high school and this was my song, I was trying so hard to fit in that the only thing I knew how to do was to wear mask, luckily all of that ended on right terms.
"Fences" by Paramore, as I learned how to move around in my own world, I learned how to build fences and this song expresses how I felt when people tried to entered or even tried to take my place in high school, now I just find it quite funny.
"Gives You Hell" by The All American Rejects, I remember seeing this when it first came out on MTV, there was this annoying girl when I first entered high school that hated me, so this song reminds a lot of her.
"Here We Go Again" by Demi Lovato, one of ex-boyfriends, this reminds me of this one boy that broke my heart in little pieces and then came back to see if he was welcomed again.
"Jueves" by La Oreja de Van Gogh, this song is dedicated to all the people that died on the terrorist attack of the 11 of March, 2014, it's a beautiful song that makes me emotional every time I listen to it, but this reminds me a lot of the travelling we used to do with my mum way back.
"Lights Out" by Junior Caldera, this was another party song, but this one especially reminds me of summer course and my way to get there, this song pumped me up when I was tired.
"Misery Business" by Paramore, remember that guy that broke my heart, well in the short period of time we hanged out, this was the song I listened to, because at the end I got it where I want him now.
"Not Afraid" by Eminem, this was my song, when I started doing my thing and getting criticised I listened to this song and always felt better, it also helped me get through my homework faster.
"Rolling in the deep" by Adele, this song has a funny background, my friend "The Sous Chef" thought it would be funny if he made me listened and then point to the guy that fancied me at the time, because for him, we could have it all, but I didn't wanted and to this day, if he listens to it, he remembers and makes fun of me.
"Sober" by Pink, this became my song through those months of depression, I think I always thought I became that girl, but I overcame that and kept listening to the song and now I don't mind it.
"Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson, I first heard it and liked the beat, but as I started to listen it again, I became aware of the lyrics and it just empowered me to keep going and not give up, to really fight against those demons.
"50 Ways To Say Goodbye" I had to end with a funny one, when my friend "Chef" was going through a break up I told her that this was going to be the song the dude that broke her was going to used to explain everyone why they were no longer together and to this day, we keep on laughing.
As you can see music is a big part in my life, I always find that perfect song for that perfect moments, I like linking music to those different moments of y life, that way, everytime I listen to it, I can remember it.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram