Of the Bookshelf| A Girl like Me


She's faced death so many times that now she knows, someone has helped her, saved her and now it's her turn to find him. Everyone thinks he's death, after the accident everyone expected it, but now no one knows, except she knows, she has a feeling he may be hiding, but from what? What is Wes hiding and why?
What I liked:

  • The somehow paranormal aspect they incorporated in the story made for a change in the pace of the story. 
What I didn't like:
  • The back and forth, we see a really broken Josselyn by the end of book one and she recovers as the second book continues but she goes through all of this up's and down's that when it comes time to go back to her normal life she seems a little lost. 
  • Wes story became too much for me, it has so many turns and lack of acceptance that it bored me. 
  • The lack of connection with some parts of the plot, some problems came out of nowhere and it lost me for some of the chapters, at one point I just wanted to end it. 
It's not that I think it's a bad book, but it really took a lot of my energy and the ending wasn't what I expected, it was something that seemed unfinished. For me it's a 2 out of 5. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram