March: The Resolutions

Here is the thing, I've learned that for the past months I've set myself for failure. Setting way too many goals or setting goals that combined with the other become almost unachievable and put a burden on myself, one that I either carried on my back or gave up with by the end of the first week.
Now I want to focus on one goal a day and if I'm not able to accomplish it, I work on it until I have it settled, instead of working on 5 things at the same time and failing miserably at all of them. It sounds like I'm still putting a lot of pressure on myself but think about it, working on one thing at the time is less scary and more convenient than trying to balance everything all at once.
Personal Goals:

  • Pre-plan my week and day in advance. If I'm able to manage my time wisely, I'll be able to do so much more and feel less stressed throughout the day. 
  • Workout at least 3 times a week. Recover my body's strength and work at its pace, push my boundaries and work on my neck's mobility. 
  • Eat more whole foods and less processed meals. As tempting as they are, they don't give me any nutrients or satisfaction after eating them and I feel myself feeling sluggish after a few bad meals. A balance between the two is what I'm setting myself for. 
Blog Goals
  • Spend at least 30 minutes a day focusing on what I want to post, writing, editing or working on how I want this space to look like. 
School Goals
  • Set an agenda, plan a weeks worth of work and spend at least three hours studying or working on future projects. 
There's other things I would also want to accomplish, like going to bed at 10:30 or being done with work and school by 6:20, but that involves working around a schedule and at the moment I don't think it's something I'm going to be able to accomplish in one month, it's more a goal for the next 3 months. For now, it's going to be about finding my pace and working on myself, incorporating meditation and more movement into my life to feel better, happier and maybe a little better about myself. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram