Of the Bookshelf| A Boy like You


Josselyn Winters has scars, she's been through more than anyone can even imagine on living in a lifetime. Ever since that first accident when she was a kid, something changed in her, her desire to live and everything she loved, banished. Now a teenager she's faced with a new challenge, a new dilemma that can turn her life around, maybe our past is indeed to catch up with us.
What I liked:

  • The plot was different, we aren't faced with just young love, there's a lot going on with both of the main character lives and it changes the way they both connect and interact. They don't just fall in love. 
  • Josselyn wasn't my favourite character but it reflected a true troubled teenager that hated to be put on the spot and feel helpless. 
  • Wes was my favourite character, the way he cared about someone in such an honest way, made me fall in love with the character and the way it developed. 
What I didn't like:
  • For such a strong plot, it truly lost me at the end. It had so much potential and after all the back and forth between the main characters I, at least, expected a happily ever after, instead I got a half open finish, with little to no guidance to the second book. 
I wanted to like this book, it sounded promising, it was different and then, everything went downhill. A part of me wanted to avoid the second half but I became so invested in the story that I wanted to see if they at least fixed it . It's a 3 out of 5 for me.
Mayte. 

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram