The October Project


October is one of my favourite months of the year quickly followed by December and maybe May. It marks a month long of birthday celebrations as half of my family was born during this month, but most importantly, I turn 23 on the 12th and this year unlike any other I want to do something different and enjoy the month.
For the past four years something has happened in the approach of my birthday making it feel like something bad is meant to happen. We've been in the hospital, in a funeral, driving to another state because of a family emergency, you name it.All of this has happened days before my birthday leaving me with this sour taste when the day arrives.
The only thing I'm asking for myself this year is calmness, peace and a little bit of cake. I want to be with myself, enjoy everything and do those little things I love, eat good food and rest. Maybe I'll throw a little one day trip in there, but who knows.
Anyway, as I was contemplating what to do for this year's project, I came across an idea, a project I've always left hanging and didn't really pay attention to for years. I want to write a story. It seems like the natural next step in my writing life.
The recovery series will continue in November but I figured that taking a little break from the anxiety stories will do all of us some good.
The story will be special, it's a twist on something I got to live in the last party I went to. I have the special permission from the main character to share a little take on what I saw during that night and dawn.
It all started as a joke with "Chef". I started sending "updates" on how the party was going and a little joke became a true story line, one I became so involved with that there was no way of taking it off of my mind so I decided to share it will all of you.
I hope you get to enjoy it as much as I did, it was an amazing night. I'll be posting every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Saturday will be reviews and Sunday a little catch up, who knows what October has stored for us, right? For now remember to keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram