The Avoidance


Now that the truth was out with someone I trusted and cared a lot of, it was up to me whether or not I was going to make the best of the last week I had left there. At the end of the day some really good things happened while I was there and there was no way I was going to let all of that slip and fade away.
So I did what every conscious people would do and avoided the person I believe made my summer a little harder than usual. Maybe it wasn't the best idea, maybe I wasn't mature enough, but after the big panic attack, I didn't feel ready to face it and talk with her.
It worked for the most part, I was able to spend more time with the people I trusted and got along with while avoiding that one person I knew was making me miserable and a part of me wishes I could've done that earlier in the month, I would've been a million times happier, but I guess that you live and you learn.
And this time I learned that what they say it's truth, the earlier you get rid of negative people, the better you are going to feel and the better your life is going to be. You don't realise the weight they put on you until you get rid of them and suddenly everything lights up and life isn't as bad as you thought.
Life is too short to deal with people that believe are better than others. You should never think you are stuck with someone like this, you are not. It's in your hands whether or not you are going to be able to change this. It's going to be hard, it's going to take up a lot of your energy but after you do it, you are going to feel a million times better with yourself.
It's hard when you think that person is your friend and they suddenly stab you in the back, but the quicker you realise that you don't have to deal with people like that, the better you are going to feel about yourself.
As a people pleaser myself I can tell you that benefiting other people with your hard work is not going to get you to the place where you want to be, but learning to deal with them and giving yourself and your work enough value will. Do it for your mental health and your calm, it's worthy.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram