The Finale


Ending a project isn't the easiest, but ending a project you love makes it a million times harder.This year I was excited for everything that was to come, my masters was about to start, my life was going to go back to normal and I was going to be able to spend some quality time by myself.
But at the same time, seeing the same people everyday, getting to know them and knowing more about the person behind the hard work made me realise that there's much more to a person than what we see and I'm grateful I got to met such an amazing group of people and connect with them besides work stuff.
That last week was all about closing cycles, saying goodbye and reflecting on everything that we accomplished individually and as a group. It was an amazing year, we had a lot of happiness, a lot of joy with a few bumps along the road, nothing that didn't have a solution though.
Maybe it wasn't my favourite year to be there, maybe I could've done things a lot different, but seeing it now, I wasn't in the best mindset to begin with and even when I didn't let any of that drag me completely down, it took a toll in my performance and mood.
Most people didn't know what I was going through and I'm glad I never told anyone. The pity look isn't my favourite and I knew that in order to gain respect I had to fight beyond the pain I was feeling. There were days where getting out of bed seemed like the most difficult task, but watching back, I'm proud of what I did and how I got through all of that.
Certainly this year was different to others, I got to experience so much more and feel so much more. I connected with people I never through I would, I got to spend time by myself, doing what felt right, I did my best even at the worst situations and a part of me knows that I made myself proud.
At the end it all came down to what I did and what I let pass by. All of this has a learning curve and I feel like I managed to pick some important things along the way. Are there any things I would like to change? Of course, but I wouldn't, each decision, each conversation, each action took me to where I am today.
I don't know if there's another year in the cards for me, maybe I'm not ready for that yet. Maybe I'll take a summer off or maybe I'll go back and make more memories. Who knows? For now, I'll focus on getting better, on being happy and becoming that person I always wanted to become with the company of amazing people and many, many cups of coffee.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram