Of the Bookshelf| Beard in Mind


Beau Winston is the definition of accommodating, he's the nice one of the Winston Brothers, at least most of the time. Now that his brother Duane is leaving town and the new mechanic arrives he may meet his match, for good or bad.
Shelly Sullivan is new in town, being a woman and a mechanic may not match but that doesn't mean she's going to give up what she's good at. The truth is that there's much more to her that what the eyes meet, it's time for Beau to choose whether to wait and see or move on with his live.
What I liked:

  • Talking about mental illness is hard and Penny Reid decided to talk in something people don't talk about enough, OCD. Shelly suffers from severe OCD and shares her struggles with the reader, there's more to her than just rudeness.
  • The way they unveiled Beau's true feelings about Shelly and everyone else's relationship with him. He's a people's pleaser and gives so much to the point in which his integrity may be compromised, he's about to learn how to be there for himself. 
  • The plot was filled with up and downs, and I get why for certain people seemed boring and lacking chemistry, but they needed to go slow and move along the lines that Shelly could move along of. 
What I didn't like:
  • There are trigger warnings and I know that sometimes they had too much for me and I had to take a break. 
  • If I loved Quinn in the first book, I hated him in this one. He underestimated her sister's illness and didn't understood even when Janie had signs of other illnesses, it was a really hard reality. 
This book contains a really big message, one I agree with. We shouldn't stigmatise people, we don't know what they are going through and most importantly, you have to learn to support that person if you truly care about them. It was an interesting instalment and for me it's a 4 out of 5.
Mayte.


Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram