Lost

I don't even know how to start with this or how to explain what's going on inside my head. It's like everything is mumbled up and even when I would want to bury all of this and move on, I know I can't, that's not how life works. I'm supposed to learn from this.
Life has been throwing me curve balls for the last year, so much has happened that I'm even finding it hard to remember. I go from one thing to the other and at the end, it feels like I haven't learned a single thing, I even feel like the little girl crying her way out. 
It's really hard to come to terms with everything that's happening around me, maybe that's why I can't write about it, because even I'm confused with what I should be feeling, what I should be doing and how strong I'm supposed to be. 
Everyone likes to ask me about my plans, my non-existing boyfriend, my fitness, my friends and each time I feel like I should be doing more, not because I want to, just because everyone expects me to have a good boyfriend, get married, finish my masters, go to the gym every work day, have a good circle of friends and be happy. 
The more I think about it, the less appealed I am by the idea of having that perfect life. Maybe that's not in the cards for me, maybe I'm supposed to do something else. The thing is that, right now, I'm not opposed any ideas, I just want to live day by day and see what comes from there.
I know I won't make everyone happy, but days like this, I wish it was easier to just let go of all judgement and see that, unlike anything they think, I've come a long way this past 4 years and although it has taken me a bit of time, I've learned from my mistakes.
I'm not perfect, I will never be the girl everyone wants me to be, but I'm fighting really hard to get to that place in which I feel fulfilled and happy for everything I've done. It takes time and I'm learning to fight for what I want. Let's say that for now I'm on a learning curve. 
For now I think I'll just focus on what I want, on what I feel and on what it feels right. The more I pressure myself into fitting into a mold, the worse I feel and the less likely I am to do well. So I'll keep up with healthy-ish eating, light workouts, studying hard, single and sleeping a lot.
You don't have to make everyone happy, as long as you are doing what you love, everything will turn out just fine, remember to always keep on dreaming
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram