My Fitness Goal I

About three years ago I decided to take a turn for the good and do something for my body. It had been a long time since the last time I had done any type of work out but something inside me told me that this was the right time to change.
Before this I had been a somewhat healthy kid, I would get sick once or twice a year maybe and the only recommendation from my doctor would be to go for a walk to keep me in the right track, which I did for the last year of middle school and first months of high school.
At this time I was happy with my body, I had boobs and a nice butt (according to myself), but I was also starting to lose baby fat which meant I was looking leanear that before and I was happy with that.
Fast forward to my first year in college in which I discovered all the fast food and late diners that did nothing for my metabolism, I gained a lot of weight during those months but brush them off, until I noticed a real change in my body and the way clothes fitted. I had gone up almost two sizes.
Then one day someone thought it was okay to tell me how big I was looking, and I don't know if I was in a particularly bad day or if everything piled on to me but that one comment broke me and that's when I took one of the dumbest decisions I had ever made.
I stopped eating, I would drink a liter of water, eat some candy, or simply eat when I was in front of someone, but throughout the time that I went through this I didn't have a proper meal and of course I lost weight, but I'm paying a high cost for that.
People knew, in case you are wondering, some of my close "friends" knew and didn't say anything or ever attempted to say something and right now I still don't know how I would confront any of them. It hurt to know that they care so little to not say anything.
When I finally started eating again my digestive system was so messed up that I gained all the weight back and put on a few more pounds on. I was feeling like shit when my mum took me to see a doctor, the one that first talked about anxiety and the symptoms.
She gave me a rather strict, but rather nutritious diet that lasted for a solid six months before I started to slowly incorporate fats and junk food back into my diet, I lost a little bit of weight but not doing anything else than eating wasn't doing anything for me.
My weight and diet stayed rather stable during the next year and then college happened...

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram