February: The Review


Every month I sit down and write a review of how my month was, how many interesting things happened, how much I managed to get done and it can get quite repetitive if you look it that way, but I've always got to remind myself that someday I will look back to all of this and see how much I did, what crazy thing happened, even if it was bad, I want to see how I worked pass that.
Anyway, February being a short month brought a lot of lessons, a lot of learning and a lot of understanding of many things that have been going on around me. I realised that I cannot stay mad at everyone all the time because it only hurts me.
Since the beginning I had this beef with my mum, I knew that at some point I was going to have to tell her what was bothering me and when it happened a sense of relief invaded me and although we are still working on our differences (some of which I  know will never get pass through), we are better right now.
I also learned that sometimes you just have to do your thing, no matter how hard is not to do something for someone else, sometimes you have to put yourself first in order to keep moving, to reach that goal. The world is going to keep spinning and there will be more moments and you'll be present in them.
Working out became a huge part of my day once again, I fell back in love with it. After a long break I realised how sad it was to let go of my health, my body and all of the hard work I'd put on in the past two years. It's been a tough come back though, I'm starting to regain resistance and strength but it will be a long way to come.
With that came a lot of tiredness and a lot of sleep, I learned to prioritize more the hours I sleep rather than the hours that I lose doing other things, my body needs recovery and the more quality sleep I have, the better I feel.
Last but not least, I'm still trying to figure out my anxiety, I feel like I came to a dead point this month in which I didn't have a lot of it but when I did I tried to do something to calm myself down and not let it control my mood or even my day. There's a long way to go, a lot to do and a lot to figure out but for now I feel like I'm coming to terms with it and trying not to make that much fuss about it.
Maybe it wasn't such a good month but I learned a lot and I feel happy with the way everything happened, I hope you had a great one and remember to keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram