Toluca Part 1


Last month I decided to go on my first trip on my own, I decided to go to Toluca, Mexico. I planned everything, packed my backpack and went on a day trip.
For my fisrt stop I had breakfast in a cute restaurant, I had some quesadillas and a cup of coffee.

Next I headed to the Cosmovitral is a stained glass mural and botanical garden.The building takes its name from the mural which is set in the building's huge windows that surround the building and in the ceiling. The building originally was constructed in 1910 as the 16 de Septiembre Market. It was not until 1975 when the first female Maire of Toluca, Yolanda Sentíes, had the 16 de Septiembre Market reallocated and successfully gauged enough social and political support to transform the building into a space for art. El cosmovitral was designed by the notable local artisan Leopoldo Flores. And let me tell you something, It is beautiful.


Thanks for reading!

Day and Night Rides

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram