BOOKS| Habits

Building new habits is always hard, I wish it was easier but once you fall out of one, you'll find it hard to gain it back. I've fallen out of many habits, but reading is one of the ones I miss the most, not only does it feed the soul, it also helps you relax and get your mind off of everything.
This month happened something that I would have never expected a few years back, my list of read books is almost empty and I don't feel good about that. My goal would always be to read at least 4 to 5 books a month, more if possible and get to a beaming 100 books a year, but as I see it right now I won't be able to even come close to that goal if I don't start reading right not.
Instead of dedicating a month to reviewing books, I'll dedicate a month to recovering my habit of reading and sharing some posts that have been in the back of my head for quite a while. I want to share some of my favourites, some of my bad finds and maybe some of my tips for quick reading while still getting a full understatement of the story.
Reading is something that gave me a refugee when I was at my lowest. I used to hide from my reality in a good book and every rainy afternoon would be filled with a book and a cup of tea. It was my idea of a safe place and as I recovered and life got busier I lost that habit and with it a part of my happy place.
I'm at a point in which I can't dedicate as much time to this activities as I used to, but that doesn't mean I have to leave it and lose it. I can still read every free time I have, maybe not with a cup of tea, maybe not during a rainy afternoon, it doesn't really take away from it, does it?
This is my starting point, I'm putting out into the universe so I can really make it happen. New resolution maybe? We'll see.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram