April: The Resolutions

Now that we have a plan, an idea of where we want to get it's time to set a game plan, set the steps to see a full image of where we want to get and what we need to work on in order to accomplish it in a realistic amount of time. For now, it's time to take the baby steps and see how we evolve from there.
My goals are always sort of generic, they have a small personal touch but I never really talk about the deep stuff or the details of how I want to work on certain goals. I just write them and go with what I feel like doing, but if I want to succeed I need to be specific and work more, so let's see where I want to begin.
  • Move more, in general has always been a goal of mine, stress really affects my body, I lose flexibility and most of the time I end up hurting my neck or shoulders. Right now I'm working on getting better from a muscular contraction and it's become a vicious circle, one I can't control and movement helps release tension from the muscles and free the mind.
  • Meditate. I've talked about how I have days in which I can really free my mind and others in which I have to move. There are many types of meditation and restorative yoga is amazing in those days in which you can't help but move. It's important to let your mind wonder and not try to control every single thought. 
  • Eat green. My diet has been really shitty, I eat out most days and it's come to the point in which I don't even crave those foods anymore. I miss my veggies, my fruit and most importantly I miss the feeling of satiety, of feeling good after eating. 
  • Read more. There's so much you can see on a screen, but reading books is fascinating, immersing myself into the pages and stories of different authors is something I wouldn't change for the world. Spending at least 30 min a day is not only liberating, it makes the mind grow. 
  • Clean after me, a messy place leads to a messy mind and I've found that I can't concentrate properly when there's a mess around me. If you spend from 10 to 15 min organising your space, you'll be surprise by how much you can get done and how much it helps you stay on top of things. 
  • Study more and this comes from a good place, I can't keep sending half done papers with little to no research. It's from subjects I love but I need to dedicate more time to the research and better my writing style. I've been lacking this semester and it's starting to show. 
  • Go out, part of working a half time job and going to school full time is staying inside all the time and my mind is starting to go crazy. I miss going to new coffee shops, going for walks or just wondering around. Also I miss my friends and good food.
This month is about self-growth and healing, which there's going to be a lot of. I can't say I'm excited without sounding a little terrified but I hope I can make all of us proud and come through, because right now I feel like an utter failure.I know it will get better, I just have to fight for it and as always, keep on dreaming. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram