VIII


"You were supposed to be with Sophie?"
"It was her graduation night, she invited after we met but we had a fight a week before that"
"So you went looking for Dawn?"
"Not really, I ran into her and we went out..." He let out a heavy sigh, he seemed tired, even stressed "You have to understand that I never wanted to use Dawn, she happened to be there every time I needed someone, emotional interaction, she gave me that. She kept me sane for so long"
"And then Sophie appeared?"
"She was a breath of fresh air, she wasn't like anyone else" A smirk appeared on his face as he sat besides me "Sophie was different from the beginning but I never saw it"
"How did you met her?"
"It was an accident"
...2 years earlier...
"Why did you want to come here?" I was already regretting this "There are better places"
"I know, but I'm lonely, I want to meet someone and maybe you can be my sidekick?" Ben's tone told me everything I wanted to know, this wasn't going to be an easy night. 
"Why do I ever listen to you?" 
"Because you love me and you want to forget De"
"Just because I'm not supposed to punch you doesn't mean I won't do it"
"The thing is Jakey, you can hurt this beautiful face"
"Want to see?"  I was already on the edge and the night had just started. 
"Maybe not, we want to stay here for a little bit"
"We?"
"We, because someone is coming right here and you may want to look"
Turning around I see her, her eyes sparkling with the colourful lights, and even when I could get behind that, I know I'm not in the mood. 
"Not tonight." I reply sharply. 
"Why? You heard about De, didn't you?"
"Maybe" I turned my back to face the bar, this was going to be a long night. 
"You should really get over her, she wasn't good for you"
That's when my mind turns off, I'd heard the same words from everyone else around me, no one understood what all of that was about. No one understands why her come back makes me feel like this. 
"Excuse me?" 
A soft voice breaks me from my thoughts, the girl is standing next to me with a questioning look in her face.
"What can I help you with?" I say confused
"You are blocking the bar" Her answer snappy "Can you move?"
"I can't" I say moving closer to Ben, blocking the part of the bar we are in "Or maybe I can and I don't want to"
"I just want to order another glass of wine" 
"For me? Don't bother I'm drinking beer" 
"Of course you are, now if you excuse me" She says leaning into the bar, pushing me aside. 
"Now those are manners, would you mind? You are invading my personal space"
"I mind but you didn't leave me any options"
Giving up, I got up decided to go to the other side of the bar thinking of her and why I let Deanna take so much control over my life.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram