The New Old Plan


Here's the thing, in order to be able to work at the pace I want, I need to plan, write in advance and maybe even live a week ahead. I'm going back to what I did when I first started this blog, I'm planning and writing everything a week before so I can actually have a life without stress.
Going to school, having a social life, work and a blog (even when it's a hobby) is hard and I've been neglecting all of those aspects of my life for the past year. It isn't fair to anyone that reads, goes out with me or even my teachers that I'm this disorganised so I'm changing everything.
Looking back at my old journals I can see why everything changed so much in the past year, I stopped planning and resorted to last minute resources to save my work from being bad. It was one of the worst changes I've ever made. It drove my life to a hole I couldn't get out of.
It's true that everything catches up with you. Suddenly everything was out of place, everything was a mess and I was stressed and I spent months trying to figure out what was wrong with me, what'd I done wrong. The answer was right in front of me.
I was spending so much time on last minute things that there wasn't enough time left for me to do what I was supposed to do at that moment. It was snowballing on me and there wasn't anyway I could stop it, or so I thought.
Last week I tried something new out of necessity, I decided to have everything done by Thursday as my mum planned a weekend outing. I planned, I worked, I understood what I was doing and by the end of that Thursday my life was sorted. I was on track for the first time in months.
It was eye opening to say the least. I realised how much I was affecting myself by not doing things on time or telling myself that I would do them later. Later came way too late most of the time. I was running around in circles most of the time.
You don't realise how bad it is for you to not plan things until you realise how much you are burning yourself out.You put your mind under so much unnecessary stress that even little tasks become difficult to understand.
That's why I'm making myself stick to a serious schedule on the blog, we're sticking to it even it that means more work. Monday's Tale dedicated to the story of Jake, Recovery Wednesday dedicated to that huge internal battle I have, CityScapes on Friday, Of the bookshelf on Saturdays and WR on Sundays
This week I'm truly going back to my basics, I have no idea how it's going to work but I'm hopeful, happy and feeling like I'm finding my way around everything.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram