The October Project


The more I think about the content I want to create and share with you, the more stuck I get. I've seem to have forgotten what's like to write about my life and about my thoughts. Let's all remember that this space was born about 5 years ago at the peak of my depression to help me help someone else and not get stuck inside my little bubble.
A lot has changed since then, I'm not the same late teenager with trust issues and crippling anxiety. I like to thing I've grown and evolved into a person a few people would be proud of, but as with everything in life, the need to keep growing and evolving will always be there and as much as I would like to get stuck in my little bubble, I can't.
For the next few days, during October, I'm going to share with you some of the lessons that life has brought me, from the good, to the bad, to the painful stuff. There are some things I haven't dared to share that can be helpful for people out there. There's no point in keeping them for myself, they'd only create a burden.
Maybe there won't be 24 lessons in here but at least 12 of the most important ones. All accompanied by a little story of why it marked me so much and why it became something I would remember for the next few years as I continue to move on with my life.
I've said it before, way too many times but this really is my time to bring something to the table, to work on it and see what can come out of it. The more I try to stay away from this space the more I am brought back to it and the way it just makes me feel better, so why not come back with something I loved doing from the beginning and make it super special for all of us.
My one hope is that someone out there will read it and feel like they aren't alone, maybe there's more people struggling out there and reaching for help is only natural. We'll see how it goes...
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram