Coffee

A beverage of goods and maybe the most known way to wake up. Coffee became a necessity in the past three months and I'm not proud of that. Although it doesn't cause strong dependence, it does stimulate the nervous system and creates a mild physical dependence that can have an impact on your daily life.
I didn't realise I became addicted to coffee until a week and a half ago, I mean having anxiety meant that I had to cut down my caffeine, not up it but when you start adding little quantities to your daily life, at some point you are going to end up needing it more than enjoying it.
So, like any other person would do, the moment I realised this was going on I decided to cut it cold turkey. It didn't work, my body was s used to my morning dose of caffeine that the one day I decided to not have that huge cup of coffee I crashed by 1 p.m.
I had a headache, I felt like I hadn't slept in days, I even had a feeling my glucose went down and even eating I didn't feel better so I asked myself what had changed since that day and the only logical answer was my lack of caffeine, but instead of going for a cup of coffee I took a pill and focused on what was going to make me feel better.
Now I have to question myself a little bit more, because how did I let this happen. As much as I used to love coffee I was never dependant on it, I drank maybe 3 cups of coffee a week, usually trying to go for the smallest size and trying to avoid consecutive days unless I was really tired.
There are many answers one being that I wasn't sleeping as much as I usually try to sleep while doing everything I was doing a few months back. Sleeping 3 to 5 hours is no way of living and even when I know I was doing it to help someone else and to make it better for her, I should've prioritised maybe an extra hour a night and ask for help.
The other answer would be, because it gave me comfort, the smell of a fresh brew makes me feel like I'm home, it almost helps me be more creative. Going to coffee shops was my thing when I started writing and I made it my thing to get out of the house when I had a blockage.
It's time to eliminate it, not completely, but certainly cut my consume by half at least. Depending on it does nothing to my health and being free makes me feel better. Maybe I'll have a few grumpy days, maybe i'll have no more side effects, who knows, for now I think it's time to go for tea and lots of water to function better and don't feel the need to have coffee to feel sharper or be creative.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram