THREE| FEAR

Growing up everything scared me, from having to ask someone for something to having to do stuff on my own. The idea of having to be on my own was terrifying and the more I grew, the more my parents wanted me to become independent, so I held on to all those precious years I had around them to help me. 

I was lucky, it wasn't until 23 that I saw the need to branch out and do something else, something bigger, that's when I applied for my masters and it was the best decision for me at the time. Not everyone can say that they had their parents support that long or even get the chance to get a higher degree. I saw the opportunity and took it. 

They say that when you are meant for something else, the universe will do anything to make you notice it, and in my case that something else meant leaving my comfort zone completely. I got a job, I got into a relationship and lost two of the pillars of my life all in the span of three years, everything I knew banished. 

There was no going back, not even to look at the good memories, the more I held on to those precious years, the more defensive, anxious and mad I got. For some reason I couldn't understand that the girl that I once was, was no longer in there. It was time for me to take on the challenges and do what I was always meant to do. 

My introduction to this new life and this new set of responsibilities is certainly out of the ordinary, not everyone falls into a job like this with so many responsibilities, and the more I asked myself why should I keep it, the more I got pulled in. 

I'm still learning and I'm still scared of every aspect of my life that is changing but there's no stopping, at least not for a little bit. I'm hopeful on the thought of actually being able to pull it through and make it happen but once again, one can only work and hope for the best. We gotta remember to keep on dreaming. 

Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram