FOUR| CHANGES

 You see, when life throws lemons at you, you learn to make lemonade, or so they say. In my particular case, life threw watermelons at me and the only thing I could do was try to catch them and maybe do something with them. 

It all started a year and a half ago when my grandma passed away. Looking back, I can see how bad I handled those days after her passing. All the free time I had was used in nothing. Before I would complain about the lack of time I had to do basic tasks and once I had it, I didn't want to do them anymore more. I became lazy and I trapped myself in that thought for 7 months. 

Then my dad got diagnosed, he needed to go into treatment and seeing the desperation in his eyes made me step in. I took over his job and for the first few months I did nothing with it, there was no point, he was going to come back, or so I thought. Time passed and 6 months turned into a year. 

The day I knew he was going to pass away, months before we got a proper diagnosis, I threw a tantrum, a full on baby tantrum. I didn't want to deal with the responsibilities, or at least not yet. It was the biggest anxiety attack I've had in 4 years or so. I couldn't contain myself and all I could think of was leaving everything behind.

Of course I couldn't, but it was at that time when it clicked. There was no more running away, I had to embrace the responsibilities and hope for the best, my work would speak for itself when time came and I started a new life path, just like that. I had to change in order to adapt to everything that was coming up for me. 

After my father's dead I had three days to pull myself together and see what was up next. I never wanted to run away more, but I promised him I wouldn't and the only thing I could do to honor him was to keep those promises and do what he wanted me to do in this company. 

I signed the contract, got the papers and now all I have to see is if I'm really capable or how I can make it work in my advantage. Because changing is good, right?

Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram