Band-Aid

One of my favourite sayings of all time is "Rip of the band-aid". It applies to so many areas of my life that I can't imagine myself not saying it every time someone is looking for advice, you just have to go for it and do it. Fearing the pain that may come with it, stops us from doing something amazing.
For the last months I've been living inside my little cocoon, fearing the outside world and everything that comes with it, but one can go so far living that life before everything starts to feel dull and you start to crave something else, something that can help you grow and evolve. Maybe some human interaction too.
I've spent most of my month inside, enjoying my time alone, resting and recharging batteries, feeling like maybe I needed that time to myself, to feel better and like my life is more put together, but that time is up. As much as I've tried, I'm not one to stay at home and do nothing. I've been itching to get out.
I'm ripping of the band-aid, I'm starting to set new goals, to take life as it comes and learn how to live my life once again. It's freaking hard, starting and not knowing what to do or where to go, fiddling around trying to find an answer for what to do, finding a new purpose, but that's the point of living life, learning how to deal with changes and move on.
I've started working out once again, moving around more, trying to feel like my life is more put together than it was before. It isn't, for a long time I've been trying to get into the same mindset I used to have before and that can work, I'm not the same and I will never be the same ever again.
I've got to start somewhere and I'm choosing this space to do it, the more effort I put into this project, the more consistent I am, the less challenging everything is going to be and well, of everything I can do, this feels the easiest.
This will become my dumping ground, my progress diary, the place I can come to and feel like I can say whatever I want. It's changing a little bit, but change is good isn't it?
Mayte. 

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram