Back on Track

There's no hiding the obvious, I've been a mess the past year. I went from being one of the most organised people out there, to becoming an utter mess, not knowing about my life and at first everything went okay, there wasn't much trouble caused by it, but then again, I wasn't really living my life, I was doing what others told me to do.
My life is craving some sort of system, a plan to help me get through the next four months of the year and not go crazy. Also, living in this kind of uncertainty has lead me to have much more anxiety as open time leads me to the wrong thoughts, so I'm taking the matter into my own hands and going back to some of the basics I used to swear by a few years ago.
If I'm honest, I know not everything is going to work for me and there are multiple reasons for that. First and foremost I'm not the same and my priorities have shifted a lot. I no longer have a set school schedule, being in the last year of my masters means I have fewer classes and most of them are online.
It's an adjustment I haven't had to make in such a long time that the thought of it makes me nervous. I have to find a balance, I know I don't want to be the same girl that lived inside its little box, but I also know I don't want to have an open schedule where anything can happen and there's no structure or there's so much free time that I end up doing nothing.
One of the first things I know I want to implement back in my life is dedicating certain days to certain tasks. Mondays used to be my planning days, I would do a quick brain storm and block my scheduled appointments. Wednesdays would be days for me, meaning no work appointments and full day to reground. Sundays being strictly family days. I miss the structure.
Scheduling is another really important part of my plan. Knowing what's going to happen can help you feel more prepared for what's to come and that way I won't overlap anything, which I'm afraid has happened a lot over the past months. Google calendar is about to become my best friend once again.
Saying that I want to be more productive is certainly an open goal but if I can get through at least four of my tasks a day while maintaining a decent social life and doing school work I'm going to be happy. I want to dedicate time to myself, to others, to my family and my passion projects that have been left to die alone. September is about to get interesting.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram