Update...

Caution: This may get too personal and sentimental.
Last week was hell for my family, my cousin had an accident, he almost died...
Back to Monday, it was a pretty chilled morning, I went for lunch with my parents, we had a chat, it was great, my mom and I left to go to the doctor as I had my appointment at 3:30 pm, when we got the call, my uncle called my mom and told her the bad news and ask us to go pick up my auntie from work to head to the hospital. (For the record I have 4 uncles and 2 aunties)
My uncle (the dad of my cousin) was crying, I never saw him like that, I needed to be strong through those moments, for my mom, I needed to support all of them, I stood outside trying to be patient and stay calm, until we heard the news, he lost a lot of blood and broke his two legs, I nearly faded.
My mom help my uncle to man up, he went into the surgery, a three hour long surgery, it was about 11 o'clock when he was out and safe, well not quite yet, they moved it into the "Intensive Care Unit" he had to be there for over 3 days in order to know how bad he was, the crash nearly killed him.
Tuesday came around and he woke up, he was going to be fine, he ate, he cried, he spent the night sleeping, when Wednesday came around, we though everything was going to be fine, when at 8 o'clock he stopped breathing, he was fighting but his right lung was not, they had to induced him, he was in coma, that night we stopped everything, he was dying.
On Tuesday we where so afraid of what might happen through the day, that we barely did our thing, later that day, the doctor told us that he was fighting and that they where doing whatever they could to save him, at 9 p.m. we were sure that he was going to live. We even went out to eat, he was alive and fighting.
We slept through the night with the good news, on Friday evening we found out that he fought and he was fine, the doctors saved him.
Weekend was all about good news for the family and for him, he is going to be just fine...

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram